Through the stories and words of his sisters Lisane Basquiat & Jeanine Heriveaux, along with supporting archival imagery and some never-before-seen works of art, VICE gets a unique look into the life and times of famed artist Jean-Michel Basquiat. Don’t miss your chance to visit “Jean-Michel Basquiat: King Pleasure©”, the first exhibition of its kind featuring over 200 never-before-seen and rarely shown paintings, drawings, multimedia presentations, ephemera, and artifacts, that tell the story of Jean-Michel from an intimate perspective, intertwining his artistic endeavors with his personal life, influences, and the times in which he lived.
Tickets available here: https://kingpleasure.basquiat.com/tic…
“Jean-Michel Basquiat: King Pleasure©” the book available here: https://www.rizzoliusa.com/book/97808…
And check out “Jean-Michel Basquiat: Crossroads” by Lee Jaffe available here: https://www.rizzoliusa.com/book/97808…
- About how often do you visit museums each year?
- Do you seek out African/Black artists exhibitions?
- Do you own any African/Black artwork?
- How do you express yourself artistically, or how would you like to artistically express?
- Do you wear your crown daily?
- Have your explored your identity?
- Have you traveled to an African country?
- Do you live your Africanity/Blackness uninhibited according to your purpose?