View Tha RIGHT Thing™
- Do you ever question if you’re losing touch with your roots if you live in the west. or even on the continent?
- Are African cultural artifacts now relegated to the classification of art or collectors items? Or do you see these cultural masks, staffs, sculptors and other cultural items as living history still being used or waiting to repulsed in conventional African culture and society?
- Do you see you culture as evil or demonic? If so, who told you it was evil? Who told them and from where did they learn such thinking?
- Would you purchase any African artifacts to collect, use or display?
- While it is appreciated that non-Africans see value and have sincere interest in African history and culture, is it not the responsibility of African people to foremost value, preserve, protect and perpetuate African culture ad infinitum?
- What do you think the filmmaker was trying to convey and what did you take from the film?
- Check out Sankofa Children’s Museum of African Cultures
Director: Retji Dakum
Principal Cast: Esther Armstrong, Jim Clemmer
Music: Vincent Fasano
Cinematography: Retji Dakum Assistant
Camera Operators: Nick Tucker | Avery Griffin
Editor: Retji Dakum Assistant
Editor: Justin Foremani
Sound Supervisor: Camila Franco Ribeiro Gomide